Brie Larson is set to debut on Apple TV+.
Today Apple TV+ revealed (opens in a new tab) a first look at Lessons in Chemistry, an upcoming drama series starring Oscar winner Brie Larson. In addition to acting, Larson also serves as an executive producer on the series.
The series, which is already in production, is expected to air next year. In addition to Larson, the series will feature an ensemble cast that includes Emmy and Golden Globe Award winner Beau Bridges:
- Lewis Pullman (“Top Gun: Maverick”, “Outer Range”) as Calvin
- Aja Naomi King (“How to Get Away With Murder”, “Sylvie’s Love”, “The Upside”, Birth of a Nation”) as Harriet Slone
- Stephanie Koenig (“The Air Hostess”, “The Offer”) as Fran Frask
- Patrick Walker (“Gaslit”, “The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey”) as Wakely
- Thomas Mann (“Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty”, “Me and Earl and the Dying Girl”) as Boryweitz
- Kevin Sussman (“The Big Bang Theory”, “The Dropout”, “Better Call Saul”) as Walter
- Beau Bridges (“Acting: The First Six Lessons”, “Homeland”, “Goliath”, “Bloodline”, “Masters of Sex”, “The Fabulous Baker Boys”), winner of several Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award , as Wilson
What is the chemistry lesson about?
Lessons in Chemistry is a drama series based in the 1950s that follows Elizabeth Zott (Larson), “whose dream of being a scientist is shelved in a society that considers women to belong in the domestic sphere, not the professional sphere. “.
When Elizabeth finds herself pregnant, alone, and kicked out of her lab, she summons the ingenuity that only a single mother possesses. She accepts a job as a host on a TV cooking show and sets out to teach a nation of neglected housewives – and the men who suddenly listen – about more than recipes…all while desiring a return to her true self. love: science.
It’s unclear exactly when Lessons in Chemistry will debut on Apple TV+, but the company has revealed it’s coming in 2023. If you want to make sure you’re enjoying the series in the highest quality possible next year, check out our Apple TV 4K review and our list of the best TVs for Apple TV in 2022.
The latest generation of Apple TV 4K features an improved processor, support for higher frame rates, and the all-new Siri Remote.